Mou is the opposite of fast fashion. Our collection includes a minimum of 95% natural fibre materials and where possible, we choose materials that are bio-degradable, recycled and/ or recyclable and don’ generate hazardous waste or deplete natural resources and are not by-products of other industries. A true labour of love, each mou piece is designed to last with long-lasting soles and finishings that age beautifully.
Maintaining a sustainable, ethical and profitable business is a careful balancing act. Our efforts are a work- in-progress, so we’re always assessing where we’re at and challenging ourselves to do better.
We believe in:
- Countering fast, cheap fashion and damaging patterns of fashion consumption;
- Defending fair wages, working conditions and workers’ rights, and supporting sustainable livelihoods;
- Addressing toxic pesticide and chemical use;
- Using and/or developing eco- friendly fabrics and packaging: Minimising water use;
- Recycling and addressing energy efficiency and waste;
- Developing or promoting sustainability standard for fashion;
- Providing resources, training and/or awareness raising initiatives;
- Tackling plastic packaging and circularity initiatives to extend product life and waste reduction;
- Safeguarding the environment, addressing carbon emissions, renewable energy usage, water consumptions and discharge of chemicals;
- Guide partners and suppliers towards sustainable practices;
- Compliance with human rights and labour laws, diversity and closing the gender poy gap;